If you happen to’re in search of easy Mexican consolation meals, that is the recipe for you. Enfrijoladas is likely one of the hottest enchiladas in Mexican, and is alleged thus far again to the Mayans and Aztecs. As an alternative of dipping corn tortillas in enchilada sauce, the tortillas are coated in beans, normally black beans however typically pinto beans. It is mentioned that enfrijoladas have been widespread in Mexico due to the dietary worth – beans have many well being advantages – and the cheap elements.
That is an enfrijoladas recipe I found in an America’s Check Kitchen journal. As an alternative of being rolled, these enfrijoladas are folded into quarters and “shingled” (overlapping) within the baking pan. The genuine
Mexican recipe is straightforward to make and your ingredient record just isn’t too lengthy: black beans, hen broth, onion, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, tomato paste and corn tortillas. For garnish you may want contemporary cilantro and inexperienced onions.
Serve these hearty
vegetarian enfrijoladas for lunch or dinner along with your favourite facet dishes. I served mine with a salad and sliced avocado, and garnished with chopped purple onions along with the cilantro and inexperienced onions.
Observe: 30Seconds is a participant within the Amazon affiliate promoting program and this submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks, which suggests we could earn a fee or charges should you make a purchase order by way of these hyperlinks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes
Complete Time: half-hour
Servings: 4 to six
- 2 cans (15 ounces every) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) hen broth (to make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, ribs eliminated and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to style)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced contemporary oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 12 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, Colby-Jack or your favourite Mexican cheese
- chopped inexperienced onions, for serving
- chopped contemporary cilantro, for serving
- Strive pinto beans as a substitute of black beans.
- You’ll want to let the bean combination cool barely earlier than coating the tortillas so that they’re simpler to deal with.
- For spicier enfrijoladas, depart the jalapeno seeds and ribs intact.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable broth as a substitute of hen broth.
This is easy methods to make it:
- Put 2 cups of the rinsed black beans right into a blender or meals processor. Puree till clean.
- Add the remaining beans.
- Pulse a number of occasions to coarsely floor.
- Warmth the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook dinner till tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, chili powder, floor cumin and oregano. Cook dinner, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and salt. Cook dinner, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour the bean puree into the skillet and cook dinner till thickened, about 3 minutes. Let the combination cool barely.
- Spray each side of every corn tortilla with nonstick cooking spray and stack on a plate. Wrap in a moist paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Take one tortilla at a time, dip each side into the beans to coat, fold into quarters and shingle them in a 13×9-inch baking pan in both three rows of 4 or two rows of six.
- Add the remaining hen broth to the remaining bean puree.
- Stir to mix.
- Pour the bean combination over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped inexperienced onions and cilantro.
Recipe cooking occasions and servings are approximate. To make sure picture high quality, we could sometimes use inventory images. Have to convert cooking and baking measurements? Listed below are some kitchen conversion charts. This is easy methods to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and be a part of the 30Seconds neighborhood, and comply with us on Fb to get recipes in your newsfeed each day.
Associated Merchandise on Amazon We Suppose You Might Like:
30Second Cell, Inc. is a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.